Our lobster trips can be booked in 4, 6 or 8 hour blocks and we can take up to 6 people per trip. We also do combined fishing+lobstering in one trip. Basic snorkeling skills are recommended. Water depths can vary anywhere between 4 to 12 feet. Lobster are caught by tickle stick + net.
Lobster Bully-netting Charters
Bully-netting for lobster is a technique used at night to catch lobster with a net while remaining in the boat. The boat is rigged with underwater lights that makes it a great opportunity to witness life below the waterline.
Call for availability.
Regular Spiny Lobster Season
- August 6th – March 31st
- Bag limit is 6 per person per day.
- Minimum size limitCarapace larger than 3″, measured in the water
Possession and use of a measuring device is required at all times
Find out how to measure spiny lobster
Trips are available for 1 to 6 anglers. Split charters can be arranged.
- Lobster must be landed in whole condition. Separating the tail from the body is prohibited in state waters.
- The harvest or possession of eggbearing spiny lobster, or any other eggbearing species of lobster belonging to the families Palinuridae (spiny lobsters), Scyllaridae (slipper lobsters) or Synaxidae (furry lobsters) is prohibited
- No person shall harvest or attempt to harvest spiny lobster using any device which will or could puncture, penetrate or crush the exoskeleton (shell) or the flesh of the lobster
- Recreational trapping prohibited
- Regardless of what species you are fishing for, bag limits are only for properly licensed individuals and those people exempt from license requirements who are actively harvesting. People harvesting may not exceed their individual bag limit and take someone else’s bag limit. That is, people (including children) who are not actively harvesting or are not properly licensed (if a license is required) may NOT be counted for purposes of bag limits.
*Possession limits are enforced on and off the water
**Night diving is prohibited in Monroe County (only during the sport season)
***Harvest of lobster is prohibited in John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park during the sport season and in Everglades National Park, Dry Tortugas National Park, no-take areas in the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary and in the Biscayne Bay/Card Sound Lobster Sanctuary during both the 2-day sport season and regular season.